Sunday, June 20, 2010

LeMans (Finally) and Other News!

What can I say about LeMans? I have had to think it over for awhile.
I am an Audi fan, but you have to feel for Peugeot.
GT1 was a joke after the Ford's dropped out and GT2 was similar to LMP1 , a battle of attrition. LMP2 was............. LMP2.
I hope the 2011 ACO rules improve this great race. While this year it was still terrific viewing, I fear it could fall into the trap ALMS is and begin losing interest for the spectators and then the manufacturers will follow suit.
The NNWS at Elkhart Lake yesterday was fun! J. Villeneuve blowing up on the last lap was a disappointment but it was Carl Edward's race! Patrick Long learned a lot about NASCAR, yesterday.
The GrandAm was actually somewhat interesting in both DP and GT. They need an overhaul.
Today we have the Sprint Cup at Sonoma (Infineon) and I think this could be an upset. Jan Magnussen is running real well after qualifying and this is a driver that can really adapt well to all forms of racing in a hurry.
Oh, yeah. IndyCar in my home State, Iowa. Might watch. Love 'em on road courses, but you can wait for the last 10 laps on ovals.
GT3 was an upset today from Jarama! Rosberg Audi R8 LMS from 18th to 1st as the Callaway Corvette lost fuel pressure to finish 2d.

Remember to keep the blackside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment